Felt Christmas Garlands: Christmas is almost here, and what better way to celebrate than with a festive ball? This simple project can be done in minutes, and it’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. What You Need: -Felt balls -Scissors -Tape measure -Ruler or another straight edge -Paint or other decoration of your choice (optional) How to Make Felt Christmas Balls:
How to Make the Felt Christmas Balls?
If you’re looking to make some festive felt balls for your tree, then follow these simple steps!
1. Start by cutting out a small ball from the felt and then using a pencil to trace around it.
2. Next, cut out the circle using a pair of scissors. Make sure that the inside of the circle is smooth so that the ball will move smoothly when you’re playing with it.
3. Once you have the circle cut out, take a skewer or chopstick and poke a few holes in it so that the felt can breathe and won’t get too stiff.
4. Now take another ball of felt and place it over the hole on one side of the first ball. Use your fingers to tightly roll up the edge of the second ball around the first, making sure that they are both evenly covered. Make sure to leave enough space at the top so that you can tie a knot to hold everything together once you’re done.
How to Decorate Them?
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and fun. No one enjoys a lonely Christmas Eve more than the kids. They love getting everyone together to open their presents and share laughter. One way to make sure Christmas is special for the little ones is to make felt Christmas balls. This is an easy craft that can be done with just a few simple supplies. Here’s how to make them:
1. Start by cutting out some felt balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. You will need enough for every child in your family, so err on the side of caution when cutting out your felt balls.
2. Next, you will need some thread and a needle. Make a loop with the thread and put it through one of the sides of the felt ball (the top side should be facing down). Pull tight to form a knot – don’t over-tighten it or you’ll pull the ball apart!
3. Take another felt ball and repeat steps 1-2, but this time put the loop through the other side of the ball (the bottom side should be facing up). Do not put too much tension on your stitches as you will want these felt balls to stay together during playtime!
4. Once all your balls are made, it’s time to add some decoration! You can use any festive material you like – ribbons, fabric scraps, feathers… anything that makes your holiday feel extra special!
5. Now it
Making felt Christmas balls is a fun and easy project that can be completed in just a few minutes. All you need are some felt scraps, a needle, and thread. Here’s how to make them:
1) Begin by cutting your felt pieces into small, even squares. You should end up with about six pieces of felt for each ball.
2) Next, use the needle to poke a hole through the center of each piece of felt. Make sure that the hole is big enough so that you can easily fit the thread through it.
3) Once all the pieces have been poked with the needle, tie each one together using a long piece of thread. Be sure to make sure that the knots are secure, or your balls will not hold their shape well.
4) Finally, Use your fingers to press down on each knot until it forms a ball shape. Shape them as desired; some people prefer theirs to be slightly irregularly shaped.
Tips for Making Felt Christmas Balls
Making felt Christmas balls are a simple and fun activity that your family and friends will love. Follow these tips to make the best felt Christmas balls possible!
1. Choose the right felt. The type of felt you use will affect the finished product. You can use batting or fleece for felt balls, but be aware that batting will result in softer balls, while fleece will create firmer balls.
2. Fill a small bowl with water and place it near your work area. This will help keep the ball in shape during construction.
3. Cut out a ball-shaped piece of felt using an old pillowcase or other soft fabric as a template. Make sure to leave enough room around the edges of the ball for stitching later on.
4. If using batting, wet the outside of the ball and press it against the felt cutting board to lightly dampen both sides. If using fleece, simply measure out how much you need and sprinkle it over the top of the wet ball. Gently push down on the material to evenly distribute it over the top of the ball, then press gently again to adhere it to the top of the ball. Repeat this process with any additional pieces of felt needed for balls (ornaments). Be sure not to overfill your balls as they will become difficult to handle once filled with stuffing!
5. To begin stitching your felt balls together, use a straight stitch or zigzag stitch along one edge of each
Whether you’re making felt Christmas ball ornaments, or just want to add a little bit of festive flair to your home, learning how to make felt Christmas garlands are a great idea. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps needed to create these crafty decorations, including tips for choosing the right materials and creating the perfect shape. Have fun putting together your own felt Christmas garlands!